My beautiful wife, whom is the keeper of this blog, has been taking a moment each day and putting into words something she is thankful for. She inspired me to stop the race for moment and focus on the wonderful things that surround me every day, most of which I don't always acknowledge. So if you will indulge me, I would like to outline a few things I am thankful for:
- God and His infinite wisdom. Why do we always think we know better than the One who created us?
- My beautiful wife and the mother of my children. Words cannot do the justice deserved.
- My wonderful children and how they teach me to be a better man.
- The family unit.
- My health and well being. Too many times we fail to humble ourselves to realize we are truly blessed.
- My job which gives me a sense of purpose. I love getting up every day and going to work. How great is that?
- B, who has always been by my side, whether at sea, overseas or in the desert. She is firm and steady and I couldn't do it without her.
- Laughter of my kids. It is so contagious and makes me feel alive.
- Our country. What a place we live in.
- My parents and brother.
- My mother-in-law.
- B, who loves me unconditionally.
- Our home.
- Arleigh, Hanan and Bria's humble, caring hearts.
- Jack, who has taught me that life is more than a destination.
- B, who makes our house a home. Her love is the glue that holds our crazy lives together.
This is just a small smattering but a common theme is nothing has to do with "things". To be clear, I am grateful for a warm bed, my truck, my Apple toys, etc, but those don't have meaning. But how many times do we give appreciation to those "things" in our life instead of what really matters? If we are honest with ourselves, the answer is many. Take time out today to thank those whom you love; who inspire you; who love you no matter what you do or say. Life is journey; take time and be thankful for the road traveled.