Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for Thanksgiving (24)

Today I am so thankful to be with my family in my hometown. I'm really not sure how it happens but I cross that county line and my makeup, hairspray and accent all magically get a little thicker. The roads get a little curvier and after dinner my hips probably will too.

I'm thankful that almost my whole family is here. Miss you Sann, Evie, Tori and Phia! It has been exactly 15 years since we've been together for Thanksgiving. I've tried to recreate it over the years with cornbread dressing and Gran's broccoli rice casserole. It's just not the same without Wendy proclaiming it, "The best Thanksgiving ever!" or Uncle Jim Saying it's time to leave 5 minutes after the dishes are cleared.

This is also Jack's first Thanksgiving. We are certainly thankful that he is finally home to celebrate with us. I'm pretty sure that he is just as thankful to have us around. Since I very rarely ever cook turkey, I'm pretty sure this will be his first bite of the all American bird. Hope he isa bigger fan than I am!

I hope you are surrounded my the ones you love today. Happy Thanksgiving!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Sharon Ankerich said...

Happy Thanksgiving sweet friend!!!

Post a Comment