Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful Day 9


I am thankful that these two have each other. 
For very different reasons, they each remind me of a quote from A Mid Summer Night's Dream, "And though she be but little, she is fierce."

Hanan is my artist. She can be quiet but she is also quietly strong, reserving her courage to help the least of these. Her heart for the people who hurt always amazes. When she was two, she told me that she didn't need a prince, she would slay her own dragons. Already I imagine her growing up to slay other people's dragons for them.


Unfortunately, Bria is not the downtrodden. She is in fact strong willed out of the gate. For this reason alone, she is often the object of Hanan's wrath and Hanan is the object of hers. We've called Bria Napoleon and the bull, um forever. It's her way or the highway no matter how much I try to knock it out of her. She does everything big in her own Bria fashion. She learned early that her sisters were older, she needed to be loud and aggressive to get their attention and get their attention she does.


Bria and Hanan together can be like oil and vinegar. When you first put them in the bottle, you think there is no way it's going to mix. Throw in some spice (like Arleigh and Jack) and shake them up and it's perfect. Funny how God plans things.


I'm also very thankful for my camera. I don't want to forget this.

And yes, I see the future with all the sisters helping each other get ready for dates, proms and weddings a little too well. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day." I think about that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment