Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Some Letters

Dear Bria,
I can't believe you are four. I can't believe it's been four years since your snaggle toothed sisters begged to hold you. Please stop growing up so quickly. I know you have to become an adult, just don't make it so fast.
Love,
Mama.

Dear Arleigh,
I'm love that you are learning to love cooking. Your omelets are better than mine. You have some serious skills that will serve you well as a wife and a mother and that makes me so proud. However, part of learning to cook is learning to clean the mess you make when you cook. If you are only making eggs for yourself, wash the pan, dry it and then put it away preferably in that order.
Love,
Mama

Dear Jack,
I can't imagine all the changes you just went through. I'm trying to remember how much I craved pizza and salad in China. Even though part of me can't imagine why, you must really want some congee instead of oatmeal right about now. I'm sorry so much has changed. Thank you for trying new things. I'll try to keep making rice even though I'm starting to gain any weight back that I might have lost in China. You are worth it!
Love,
Mama

Dear Hanan,
I'm super super proud of how hard you are pushing for your AR points. Your reading has improved so much. I love that you are finding your love of reading even if it is through a competitive streak. As your mother I feel it is necessary to tell you that you have to have more than a big heart to be a vet/zoo keeper. Math and science are necessary. Let's work on it together.
Love,
Mama

Dear Teacher,
You are making me crazy. I realize my child's grades ultimately fall on her shoulders. When I try to talk to you about falling grades, it would help if you would engage a little. Help me help her. I wasn't trying to back you into a corner. I promise. Having her write book reports when her problems are in math and science is clearly not the answer I wanted to hear. Do you even know your students?
Sincerely,
A Concerned Mother

Dear Bria,
I know it's your only car.  I know it's a girly car, with a pretty leopard print and a pink interior. I know it is technically yours. It's also the coolest car in the house. The doors open and it scoots across the floor faster than any of our other cars. Can Jack please play with it every now in then? Please?
Your exhausted mother

Dear Jack,
There are 253 cars in your room. Please stop taking the only one that belongs to your sister.
Your exhausted mother

Dear Mr. Detailer,
I realize orders are in someone else's hands. I find the best way to prepare for a new duty station is to talk to people who have been there. This secrecy about who goes where is killing me and frankly stupid. Maybe I should write Mr. Navy a letter.
Sincerely,
The Wife

Dear Jack,
I know you can't communicate but grab my hand and walk toward the bathroom. Potty training means I have to be retrained. I'm an old dog that doesn't like learning new tricks especially stinky ones.
Thanks,
Mama

Dear Insurance,
What is my deductible again? I guess I should be grateful there wasn't more lightening damage. Thanks for the reminder to count my blessings.
Sincerely,
I'm Not Miss Moneybags

Dear God,
Clearly I need to work on forgiveness but there's so much going on here, do you really need to throw that all at me right now?
Thanks,
Still trying 

Dear Readers,
Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest. Sometimes I wonder if anyone around here hears me.
Your very grateful blogger

3 comments:

Sharon Ankerich said...

Dear Grateful Blogger~
I know just where you are and how you are feeling~ everything has turned upside down and I am praying for you! I hope you have a great evening and sleep well!!!
Your friend,
Sharon

Allison said...

You make me smile! Can I write to Mr. Navy and request y'all stay put?

Holly said...

Dear Bloggy Buddy,
I can't beleive I found my way to your blog again after about a million years! I lose everything no matter how organized I try to be! These letters- oh I so relate!!! All but the orders part...we've been at the same duty station for 6 years now! (sigh) I wish very much that I knew you in real life. I feel that way about so many people...makes me feel lonely when the computers are shut down. Does anyone understand that?! Congratulations on Jack's adoption. I missed all that too while I've been muddling through my own stuff- sorry! Life will never be the same. But it does get better day by day ;)
Blessings,
Holly

Post a Comment