Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

When I Get Home

When I get home... right after I love on the girls and Tucker. I plan on thanking Grandma. Kissing her feet might be required. Then there is the BBQ plan. Yes Allison, I think Central will be in order. After all that... I plan on walking into my laundry room and hugging and kissing my washer and dryer.

I don't like laundry. Actually I don't like ironing, folding and the general putting away. Mount Washmore has always been my nemesis. China has given me a new perspective. One little boy + rice flavored with saffron that stains EVERYTHING that drops on his shirts + bloody noses + only one pair of pants that fit + one or two potty accidents = a new found love of my beloved washer and dryer. There isn't enough space to hang it all in our room.



I am going to do my best to not complain about my easy suburban American life again. We'll see how long it lasts.

5 comments:

Sharon Ankerich said...

Yes~ a little while in China always makes us SO thankful for all the conveniences of home. Dirty clothes in major!!! How much do you think he weighs and what size is wearing??? SO thankful to be following your journey!!! Blessings! XO

Anonymous said...

Probably won't help now but hydrogen peroxide takes blood right out....and any other protein based stain as well.

An Aggie student lived with us a while and then she married and moved to UK. My first letter from her started with "For every time you did laundry for me, thank you, thank you, thank you!" 8^)
gk

Della Stiff said...

Love the Posts and Pictures! He's so cute and adorable. Papa and I can't wait to meet him. Was so happy to hear from Ray and all the updates. Love and Prayers go out to you all.

Heather H. said...

Hi. I "found" your blog as someone listed it on the Taiyuan Yahoo forum for a family currently traveling. Is your son from the Taiyuan SWI? I have only heard good things about it, and certainly was happy with the care our daughter received while under their guardianship.

For me, while I definitely didn't like running out of clothing (we used the laundry service but tried to do it sparingly), what I really missed was safe tap water! I hated brushing my teeth with bottled water. I hated worrying about baby girl when she was in the bath tub, that she would swallow some/too much.

It's fun to travel, but it always feels good to get home!

Best of luck on the remainder of your trip.

Heather H.

Adrian Roberta said...

Soaking up every post, we are traveling there in November to get Lukai (Bing), so I want all the Taiyuan tips ya got! I want to take the train aswell. So any tips on that?

Roberta
Berzenji.blogspot.com

Post a Comment