Here are a few things that are going on around here...
- The packing looks to be about 2/3 complete.
- I'm worried about leaving the girls for this long, not their safety just that it is killing me.
- Jack is going to be Ray's mini me... he picked out Jack's clothes and now I get to tease him about having his own doll to dress in all things Titans (never mind that I bought most of the clothes)
- I'm so thankful my mom is going to be there for the girls but did I mention that I don't want to leave them?
- My emotions are a roller coaster. Our church service yesterday was pretty benign but I almost teared up 253 times... Ray may need prayers because he has to travel with me.
- Rolling up little boy underwear and packing cars is a whole new experience.
- Our home study update is scheduled for 10/10. That's always a difficult day for me. I guess I'll have something to keep my mind focused.
- Did I mention leaving the girls makes me want to throw up?
- Are we really only taking one suitcase and one backpack each?
- Ray is giving me a hard time about packing an ergo backpack to tote a three-year old. Been there done that people feel free to weigh in on the subject.
- I can't believe I'm leaving my girls for almost 17 days.
- I made a chain with Ray's help for each girl with a note for each day. Waterworks again.
- Bria told me a few days ago, "I can't wait to hug Jack. I know it will freak him out!"
- I'm so grateful for all the prayers and notes from sweet friends, all the offers to help and hand me downs. We are truly blessed to have just moved here a year and half ago and have so many people step up to help us on this journey.
- In a week I'll have a son! What in the world am I going to do with a son?
- Bria also informed me that Jack needs a boy doll. Ray told her he needs a glove, a ball and a tractor. We have all three things waiting in his room.
- I'm leaving the girls for 17 days...
So clearly, I'm good with going to China to get Jack. I'm excited about time with Ray by ourselves. I was trying to tell myself it was like when Hanan and Bria were born and I was in the hospital with just one child. Then I remembered. About 8 hours after each birth I started begging the nurses to send me home to my other kids. I don't think that will fly in China.
So here's the deal... probably no more posts until we are at least on our way. Thanks for your support. We truly appreciate your prayers. Please continue to pray, especially for Jack. His whole world will be turned upside down on Monday. Ray has it worked out so that as long as we can to get decent internet, we'll be posting here about China. Please check back... if you followed us this far you might as well join us.