Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thank You Isn't Enough

The girls are all deposited safely in their schools. The bags are packed... we made it with two backpacks and one suitcase all in the 44lb weight limit. Can you tell it's a proud moment? No comments about the fact that I'll be wearing the same clothes in every picture.

Before we head out, I owe lots of thanks to lots of people. Moving away from our friends in Virginia, I never understood how much support we would have from people here and people there and frankly people literally all over the world. This week we've had calls, texts, Facebook posts, emails and cards. So many people are stepping up to make sure the girls get where they need to be at a particular time. Then there's grandma... she was even here a day early to help with a teacher conference. The girls are not going to miss us a bit. For that, I am so so grateful.

I'm feeling blessed and an uncontrollable urge to cry at the same time. So thanks. It simply doesn't seem like enough. I hope to post often while we are in China. Please continue to pray. It's the usual... safe travels but especially for Jack. I can't imagine what he's going to think about two rednecks picking him up dressing him in all things Titans and smothering him with love after three and a half years in an overcrowded orphanage.

Finally, I'm linking a post to Facebook for the first time. Scary stuff. I'm always afraid of mixing my blog friends and my in real life friends. I don't know why. This is who we are so here goes... If you are visiting from Facebook, welcome.

Okay, I seriously need to get on a plane. I am leaving my beloved phone here. I know... I can't believe it. The next time you hear from me, I'll be a world away. We'll be getting Jack first thing Monday morning. Keep those prayers coming! See you for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Ray, the girls and especially Jack so hard, my friend. I don't even have the words, so I'm leaving it at that. God bless you!
~Anna

Allison said...

I am so excited for your family! I hope everything goes smoothly!

Sharon Ankerich said...

Blessings and prayers for you sweet friend! Blow my Will a kiss from me when you land in China. :) XO

Shannon said...

Praying for you all! Can't wait until you are there.

To Him be the glory!!!!

Post a Comment