Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Waiting

The girls and I made it to IL. We all sort if vegged out in front of the electronic babysitter this afternoon. It was nice. We had a great dinner and I got to tear into another birthday cake. The cake had a funny story though.

Ray's mom picked one up from the bakery section of Wal-Mart. It was decorated in red, which happens to be my favorite color. It was a vanilla cake with white butter cream frosting. Yummy. I'm getting to the funny part... Nana opened the cake and Arleigh says, "I know those are chocolate sprinkles but I'm not saying what it looks like." The decorator decided the red trim wasn't enough so she very sparingly dropped the sprinkles just at the edge of the cake. Totally looked like rodent poop with the white background. It didn't stop us from eating almost the whole cake though!

Oh yeah, the title is waiting... I'm quietly typing in a closed bedroom trying to get Bria to sleep. I'm also failing miserably. So, I'm waiting on that... I'm also thinking of another family waiting to bring their son home from Ethiopia. They have been hung in the court system there for far too long. They have watched others bring their kiddos home. One of those kids was even their nephew. They must be desperate at this point. The Ethiopian courts are closing for their break soon. They have one more chance.

This afternoon I found the email that our agency sent asking us to acknowledge the rule change on Aug. 1. It started with, "I can't imagine that this will effect you but..." Ummm since our Article 5 was only picked up today...yep. Affect us it does. Not like we are going back now. We're so close I'm about to burst. I was a little down thinking we should have him home by now. I wish we had him in time to see Cars at the drive-in. I wish he was here for my birthday. I know Jack will be here. The closer we get the harder the wait is. Then I think about the people failing court multiple times or the story of the little boy with down syndrome and a judge ruled that he wasn't adoptable. I have nothing to complain about.

I read a post this afternoon about how unfair the adoption process is. Is it ever! I promise every piece of paper we have had to submit is like getting in line at Wal-Mart on the first day of the month. It doesn't matter which line you get in. They are all going to be dang slow. Whatever you do, don't get in line behind me because it will be the slowest. Seriously.

Now that we're in line and missed that Aug.1 deadline... I just want to get the girls in school and go. There has been a surge of TAs. I'm sure they were trying to get people through before that deadline. Of course now that we are in line I'm terrified that it's going to come to a screeching halt. Here's hoping that we and everybody else gets whatever call they've been waiting for very soon.

Now I'm off to hurry up and wait and pray because right now that seems to be the only thing that I can do.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment