Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What's For Dinner

Monday was an off day for me. I can't really explain it. I wish I had taken more pictures. I wish I had taken a picture of the cute hand drawn menu. I wish I had a picture of the table that was decorated with a fall runner and an old vase Ray brought home from Russia. I wish I had a picture of the two waitresses, dark skirts, white shirts, one with a hot pink tie the other with a hair bow fashioned as a bow tie. I wish I had a picture of the martini glass filled with water with a strawberry decorating the top. I don't. Like I said, off day.

I do have a picture of the dinner that was made for me. I didn't touch a pan. I didn't pick up a knife. Arleigh made a perfect ham and cheese omelet with some of my home grown tomatoes. Hanan prepared a wonderful side salad just the way a like it. Maybe it was my off day. Maybe it was because my girls made it. I was the very best omelet and salad that I have ever had.

Sometimes I get so caught up in the chore of parenting, I forget to enjoy just how great my kids are. I think I get so busy trying to make sure that they have manners, don't feel entitled and just know how to treat each other, I miss that they are sweet girls with huge hearts. I'm so grateful that they gave me an opportunity to stop in the middle of my off day and appreciate how wonderful they are.

Thank you girls for a wonderful dinner. Each of you are a big blessing to me. I love you always.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks mom but I bet it wasn't the best omlet you ever had. Also I did the salad and Hanan helped put in peppers <3 u

Cheeseboy said...

I think it's so sweet your kids posted on your blog.

Looks better than any meal I have had this week.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

That is the sweetest comment EVER EVER! Can I borrow her for a week or so?

heidi said...

Love. <3

Post a Comment