Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Morning Email

I need to tell you that after our last update, I hit my knees. Our agency said it might be 8 more weeks before we get our LOA. The civil affairs office in Jack's province is shutting down for a little over two weeks in July and August. Then, my agency rep said, "You need to call out your prayer warriors." I couldn't believe I was hearing that. That one statement seemed to show me how bad it was. I couldn't understand it. What I need to tell you now is that it's okay. We want him now, but if we can't go now there is a reason. I am letting it go.

From the beginning we said that we want to get someone home but in doing that we also hope we can encourage other people for orphan care. Am I upset that human error is making Jack wait? You bet. How do I know that his paperwork sat because he isn't in desperate need of heart surgery and some other child is. I don't want him to wait forever but what's an extra month if it saved another child's life? How do I know that I don't need to here for something else. God has a plan. We'll keep putting one foot in front of the other. If I stop and pitch a fit at this point, I'm not demonstrating that it can be done. For that reason alone, I've pulled up my way stretched out big girl panties. They are so stretched out from tugging, it's hard to keep them up somedays but I am determined.

Now onto the next thing... Calling all prayer warriors... The paperwork is supposed to be expedited. That could mean that it could be here next week. That would get it here when Ray and I are in the same state and same city. Next week he'll be in one state and I'll be another, neither of us at home. That would present a multitude of problems. It would be nice to get a phone call on Monday that it is here.

It's really weird to get an email with my son's Chinese name as the subject line. It's really weird to say my son. This morning I got just that. An email with a picture attached. It's not a picture of him but a picture of what we are sending to him. I asked Ann at Red Threads to send another smaller package this week. Ann sent a package for us a few months ago and miraculously got us some pictures of Jack enjoying a birthday cake. I say miraculously because his SWI isn't known for great communication or any communication for that matter. The last family that went there was told their son was international adoption #5. I love those solemn little pictures.

This package isn't much but that letter says alot. With Ann's guidance, we got a little bolder asking for very specific updates. I'm anxious to see what will happen. We didn't think we would get this information before we received our LOA. Given our situation I know Ann will do everything she can to find out what we wanted to know. Like is he potty trained, does he still use a bottle, are there things we can send now.

Here's the picture. That little line of cars make me smile. I don't know how many times I've looked at those at Wal-Mart. There are going to be cars in this pink, tutu infested house!
Baseball pajamas and blue! My word! What am I going to do? No worries about the hard candy. The candies are for the nannies. I am not above bribery.

Now... as our agency said... Calling all Prayer Warriors. If I can have this weird peace right now knowing that a dossier sat for 80 some odd days that alone is proof that prayers works. Please continue to pray for this paperwork to get pushed through. We really want to get him home!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Praying hard!!!

Sharon Ankerich said...

I am praying and love the care package!!!
Blessings!

Cheeseboy said...

Prayer Warrior in place, ready to take action!

Post a Comment