Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Idea Camp

I'm blogging from the road again. I'm happy to report that this time there are no tornado warnings on our 6 hour drive. Oh, and look for the post about Grandma, Nana Bonnie, all three girls and the dog holed up in a closet with no power and tornado sirens blaring. Good times!
We have had a wonderful weekend. We met so many people that I've admired for a long time. There was so much information to process. I don't know where to start.
I do want to get some big ideas down so I don't forget. One of the questions that was asked repeatedly was, "What keeps you up at night?" after hearing these answers I wonder how we'll ever sleep again.
One statement that struck me was, "Man created orphanages. God created families."
The numbers and statistics are staggering. I think for our family, we are going to start praying about orphan prevention and what that looks like for us. I suddenly have a real understanding that there are mothers all over the world that love their children as fiercely as I love mine. So how do we empower them to keep their children? What do they need to do that?
We heard over and over that the need is the call. Right now, that's a bit overwhelming. I can't wait to tell you about the people we've met and what they are doing. Right now, my brain hurts. I'm just going to focus on getting back to my girlies.
Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Cheeseboy said...

You are doing a wonderful thing. Can't wait to hear more.

Post a Comment