Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Didn't Happen

I worked myself into a flurry of excitement. I had a little help. For the last year, our social worker told us that she didn't anticipate having any problem locking a file for us the second we were logged in. She then said we needed to wait for the next list. The list was released last night. I expectantly waited. Then I saw her post on Facebook. I knew it wasn't going well. Then I got the email. She did not expect to match anyone from our agency due to the fact that the numbers seemed small.

I got a sweet note from her. She was being conservative. She went back to match us. Those files were locked. She said that she's heard stories of some agencies locking more files than they are really supposed to. She hopes that this was the case and some files will be released Thursday.

I won't lie and tell you I'm not disappointed. A match later in the week means it would happen while we are out of town. I've spent the last 48 hours tethered to my phone. I was hoping to move on to the next step. No match means the possibility of waiting another month to travel. Plus if I let it the green eyed monster rears it's ugly head... I think other people's medical list isn't like ours, we said boy, we said child no one wants and we're waiting?

I honestly know that God has a plan. His is much better than mine. So I'll wait and hope that he doesn't decide my patience needs more testing. Neither does Bria's according to her Sunday school teacher. She told me Sunday that we'll bring someone home soon whether we like it or not as hard as Bria is praying for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment