Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weekend Guests

We woke up to snow again this morning. I can't say I didn't see it coming because I told the girls I felt like I was driving the mom-mobile on a slip-n-slide last night when we left piano. It is pretty. Right now, cold wet gush is overpowering pretty. I am almost ready to start my mutiny against Old Man Winter, I just haven't found time in the schedule.

Yesterday as I was thinking about all the funny things that I could tell you that are probably not that funny, I remembered that four years ago (Really? 4?) we started this blog just so extended family could keep up with us and steal our pictures. So, I'm stepping off of my soapbox. For a little bit because I'm pretty excited about something my lovely husband is giving my for Valentine's he just doesn't know it yet. This time, it doesn't involve a goat or chickens, but I'm still excited.

Sorry, I think I'm distracted. This weekend Uncle Mike, Aunt Sharon, Nana, Pa pa, and Uncle Roger all came for a visit. We had a birthday party for Mike, Doug and Della. It included a big dinner of all Ray's favorites and strawberry cake that is my personal favorite. I think everyone else liked it too since it didn't take long for it to disappear.

Saturday we were terribly exciting. We drove to the base so everyone could shop then off to Costco so I could pick up pictures and something to take to our dessert potluck. Plus, I'm always buying toilet paper and paper towels. Arleigh was headed to a scrapbook birthday party and she needed to pick up pictures. After an afternoon of rest, it was Central BBQ. I must say of all the BBQ here in Memphis, Central has been my favorite. I didn't care for the slaw though. The mac and cheese was divine. I was told that the beans were good and the potato salad was mustardy. (Is that a word?) We like our ribs dry rubbed and wet. They were just that. I tried Ray's but ordered the brisket. It was good that night and the next day. Clearly, I care too much about food.

Back home we made cookies to go with our cake. (See what I mean.) We played kinetic and wii. The kids went to bed. The adults watched Clash of the Titans. It was okay. Off to bed and our guests were packed and ready to go when we got up.

All in all, we had a great visit. Hopefully it will happen again soon. My sister-in-law needs to visit my new favorite shop, 1/2 of 1/2. We still need to visit the Peabody too but I've been waiting to go with visitors, any takers? As usual, here are some highlights.





I forgot to mention, Pa pa thought our house was freezing. We keep the thermostat on 68. This was not the product of my children. He did this all on his own. That's the girls' pink snuggie on his head.



No comments:

Post a Comment