Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 3, 2011

An Update

A few people have asked, so I thought I would write a brief update on the adoption process. We are waiting for USCIS approval. I was hoping there would be a letter in my mailbox when we got home from the zoo today. There wasn't. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Everything else is ready. After we get that, a package goes to D.C. for authentication. That will take about a week. Of course, this is our first time so I could be wrong. Then it will be sent to China. We'll get a log in date (LID) then hopefully very soon after that a referral.

Since Christmas we've heard about so many families going back for a second adopted child. We know two going back to Ethiopia and two going back to China. It is amazing to watch as God places these children in families. I'm ready to get Jack (or a girl we did check either gender) placed in ours. Waiting patiently isn't one of my strong suits.

Every night I check on the girls before I go to bed. I lay down wondering what it would be like to be in a room where no one checks on you. I wonder what it would be like to cough all night without someone to get you water and rub your back. I wonder what it feels like to lay in the dark with other children and still feel alone. I wonder if he feels alone. Does he have foster parents that love him? Will it be hard for him to leave them? There is just too much to wonder about. I would love to have a face to pray for at night instead of wondering.

That's where we are at. Still waiting. We might get a referral before spring but odds are we'll travel in the fall. As usual prayers are coveted.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Adoption, domestic or internationally, can be very trying. I will be praying for you and your family!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Thanks for the update. I have enjoyed reading your journey, and cannot wait until the big day comes.

Post a Comment