Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

'Tis The Season

'Tis the season to make me crazy Fa la la la la...lalalala. Oh. Sorry. I didn't realize that I have lost my mind.

I just put up two Christmas trees. This is officially the earliest I have ever put up a tree. We are traveling over Thanksgiving. We'll only be gone for less than 36 hours but somehow, that through me off. We're super excited to be spending Thanksgiving with Nana, Pa pa, Uncle Mike and Aunt Sharon. As excited as we are, I didn't realize how much the girls missed our old Virginia traditions. I think I've heard, "I'll miss going to Miss Jill's house." 101 times in the last two days.

We've been here almost a year. It took the holidays for us to see just how much has changed...everything. We're putting up decorations before Thanksgiving. Locations have changed. Guests have changed. What's served has changed. We thought we were good with change. I think the pictures of Bria's recent Thanksgiving feast do a really great job of illustrating how we all feel to some degree...or more to the point how I feel.

I don't like this. This isn't what I'm used to. It's not at all what I thought it would be. I miss my friends!

Too much to do. It's not going to go right. I don't know if the timing will work. How am I going to get that done? Add another meeting and party? Sure. Train for a half marathon in the middle... I got it. Holy crap! I don't got it! How is this going to work?

Chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, all my new friends...who cares if there is no dressing...no cranberries...no sweet potatoes. The turkeys were made from oreos. I have all my new friends around me. This is a pretty sweet deal! I think I'll take it.
That folks, is the evolution of a Thanksgiving Feast and pretty much how I expect to feel until January. Somewhere in the middle of it all, I hope I find a way to show the girls the real meaning of the Christmas season. Wish me luck. I think I'm pretty much picture number 2 today.

3 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

That was adorable! So true as well! Don't we all run the gammit of feelings at this time of year/ Enjoy this first year of new traditions.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with ya! Holidays, esp the first year after a move, are always hard. Nothing feels right and nothing will make them feel right. I'm really looking forward to retirement...but I dread that, too. What if I don't like the place we end up living??!!! I know. I can't be pleased. You'd think the world could accept that by now.
gk

Tye Tye said...

My goodness!!! I just laughed so hard, I almost made a mess. The second picture of Bria, EXACTLY, matches how I feel!!!

Post a Comment