Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

You may be tired of hearing me post about Orphan Care. Oh well... I've read several posts lately about Operation Christmas Child. It's one of those things I file away. Then I read this post today. She pretty much sums up most of the things I've been thinking about.

I've been to Target twice this week. Once for a baby shower gift and I happened to buy Bria some pants and shirts that were on clearance because I thought her winter clothes were a bit sparse. What does that mean really? She only had four long sleeved shirts to choose from, now she has six plus a ton of dresses and they are all mix and match? I overspend. All. The. Time. I'm starting to think about it now. Maybe eventually it will sink in to this thick skull.

Last night, I stayed at church late talking to a friend. She is from the Ukraine. Her son is in Bria's class at church and school. She has been telling me about a program to bring orphans here for Christmas. She can't find anyone to help. I'm not sure how I feel about that program, but I want to help Helen because she's my friend. I don't know how.

As all these things eat at me, I saw this video. If one person watches it and decided to send a shoe box, then I can fill a little bit better. I've done my shopping for this week. Next week, I will not go to Target or Wal-Mart. I will do all of my shopping at the commisary. I will take the money that we save and have our girls' participate in sending a box.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I have been deeply moved by her testimony! Thank you!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I love OCC and the whole cause! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment