Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day

Here are a few pictures from the girls' Veteran's Day program. I can not tell you how special it was. Arleigh and Hanan are in the Glee Club at school. They have been practicing forever. One day every week, sometimes two, they go to school early. Tonight, I'm going to try and video them singing the songs. If I do, you know you'll see it.

The Glee Club performed. The APEX 5th graders were great. The middle school's band came to perform and the speaker was fabulous. I told Ray if there was a box of tissues available, I probably would have let myself bawl. They truly recognized all the veterans for their great sacrifice. It's not something I've seen done well many times. This was really, really special for the kids and the veterans.

As you can see, the uniform of the day was dress blue. It was in the low seventies. These guys (I did not see a female in uniform) were supposed to walk with their kids on a mile long route. Then sit in the sun for lunch. I could  not believe they asked Ray to wear that uniform. He rarely gets it out. I must admit, he looks pretty good in uniform. He refused to sit on the blanket and eat though.

Have a Happy Veteran's Day tomorrow. Please remember to tell the Veteran in your life thank you tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment