Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 19, 2010

For Free

Ray scored free tickets to the Brad Paisley H2O Tour. It was really great...made even sweeter by the fact that the tickets were FREE! We were sitting in the very top row. It gave me a bird's eye view of everything and everyone. There is no one I would rather people watch with than Ray. We could still see everything. Justin Moore opened. Then... Darius Rucker.

Fourteen years ago Ray and I went to a Hootie & the Blowfish concert. Let me tell you, I love him even more now. He rocked out to some old Hootie, new Darius, even some Hank Jr. The ultimate was Purple Rain. I'm still singing it. Soooooo good.

Brad Paisley earned every bit of his entertainer of the year. He works hard for what he gets. His show started and did not slow down until he sang Alcohol and the lights went out. It is a really, really good show.

Free doesn't mean totally free. We still spent too much on a babysitter, who is also worth every dime. We picked up ridiculously expensive BBQ nachos, a glass of wine and a beer. Because of the nachos, we shared a bottomless diet coke. If you are ever in Memphis at any sort of venue... get the BBQ pork nachos. You will not regret it. In fact, I know moving will most likely be in our future and I'm already wondering how much I will miss them.

Being downtown is great. All the redneck, honky tonk country girl parts of me want to soak up every second of Memphis. We laugh at the news and the city government makes me want to scream but it really is a great town. Elvis is still present...everywhere. We saw a sign that made us laugh out loud. "What happens in Vegas...started in Graceland." One of those things that's funny because it's true. When you leave the the Fed Ex Forum, there is a big saying on the doors that reads, "Thank 'ya. Thank ya' very much." I told Ray before we leave the girls really need a trip down around the town in the lit up horse drawn carriage. From the moment we pulled into the parking garage, you could smell BBQ. It came from everywhere.

The people watching at this concert... oh. my. goodness. I like to people watch at an amphitheater much more. I got my fair share last night. The guy in front of us was all dressed up, slacks, dress shirt, nice shoes. He was also wearing his camouflage jacket and cap. There were party girls and grandmas. At one point Ray pointed out and older couple getting their groove on. He said, "I love to watch the old people." I said, "Look around Ray, we are the old people." There was a girl who looked like she was in a state of shock when Darius Rucker started to sing Family Tradition. She was asleep two songs into Brad Paisley's act. She wasn't just asleep. Her head was rolled back and her mouth was hanging open. I started to hope she was sick because the thought of paying for those seats and sleeping through a show is almost sinful.

I could go on and on but I have a Fun Run to get to. I'll leave you with a snippet from Jimmy Kimmel Live. It explains why we had so much fun last night.

3 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Okay, so even little bit free (minus food, babysitter, ect) is fun, right? It does sound like an amazing night! I love going to concerts.

Missy said...

I am jealous...
Hope you have a wonderful time!

heidi said...

I bet it was a blast! I love to people watch, too. The other day I told Cara to stop staring at people and she said, "I'm just people watchin, like you, Mom." Busted.

Post a Comment