Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Break Is Over

That was a whirlwind week. We started by packing up the kids and heading to IL for a wedding. The rest of the week was full of trying to make a break from school fun entertain my children. I was also prepping for a weekend camping trip.

We met up with Ray's family for the second weekend in a row to camp at The Land Between The Lakes. It was so much fun with the girls. It was a little bittersweet to remember all the things I did there when I was a kid. The foliage was gorgeous. It was a little drier than we remembered so some of the reds weren't so red, but when they were, you appreciated it that much more.

My girls were born for the country, particularly Hanan. Dirt, hikes, animals, lakes, rocks, fishing, and all things nature seem to run through their blood. It makes me miss my old Kentucky home. Of course, if I thought long enough, I'd also be saying we miss tan lines, sand between our toes, crashing waves, seashells and all things beach too. I'm sure if Ray ever got them in the mountains, they would fit their just fine. Maybe we really are gypsies meant to be everywhere at once. It makes you appreciate exactly where you are.


The pictures are slowly downloading. I'm slowly wearing down. I can't write a post without pictures though, so here are a few...















1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Great pics so far! i love the looks of the place, and adore Hanan's face on the one!

Post a Comment