Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Adoption Update

I don't have much time to write. Grandma is on her way. Ray is in CA and I just left the adoption agency. The homestudy is being sent to KY today. I am ever so thankful. After months of nothing happening, everything seems to be happening so fast right now.

We have a file. I've read it about 100 times. I've looked at the pictures. It is in the process of being sent to different doctors, some military, some not. We've been busy.

It's been frustrating to watch others start an adoption process, go in front or around. Ready to move on and we've been sitting on our thumbs. Last night I realized, if this little boy is the one. He was put on the shared list a month ago. If we were already logged in like I thought we would be, we would have missed him. If he hadn't popped up on numerous websites, we might have missed him. Our social worker said he isn't a file she would have sent if we didn't ask. He is a bit older. His need can be a little more complicated. We can't lock him in until our homestudy is notarized and in KY. It will be soon. He can be locked after Oct. 17th.

Seriously, there are other things I need to be doing instead writing and deleting this 1000 times. Six months ago, I think I would have said no way. Now that he's ready and we're so much closer, I am so glad that God is in control and He knows what is best for us and in the end, what is supposed to happen will happen.

Maybe I'll write more later when I can actually think while I'm writing.

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am so happy for you! You are doing an amazing thing!

Post a Comment