Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Updates

I thought it was probably high time that I update you on everything going on around here... As usual, if you don't want to know... that's what the little X in the corner is for....Just sayin'!

Today I will register the big girls for school. We have to wait until the day before to find out who their teacher will be and which room they will be in this year. Nothing like waiting until the last second. I know they don't want me to fuss or complain about what teacher they have. The fact is, there are just a couple of teachers that I absolutely do not want them to have. I'll still complain the hour before school starts if they are in that class.

Bria starts school on Tuesday. I don't know if I'm excited or want to bawl at the thought of her being away from me two days a week. She's so excited she can't stand it. I'm not sure what she'll say on Monday when Arleigh and Hanan start and she doesn't.

While we wait for school to start, Arleigh's favorite past time is this...

 Hanan's favorite past time is this...
 Bria's favorite past time is this...
Yes, I'm aware that she is only 2. She'll be 3 in October. Yes, we are very, very afraid of what she will try next and the fact that she seems to have no fear and refuses to be cautious about anything.

My training is going well independently. Even though up until this year, in the past twenty years only 2 training sessions were canceled... the last two group training sessions were called off. The first was called because of lightening. The second because the heat index at 6 p.m. was 115 degrees. Yes, it's warm. Yes, I still refer to myself as stinky. At 5 this morning, I pretty much felt like I was running in a sauna.

The adoption update is that there is no update. My social worker is out of town for a month. I tried to get the last bits and pieces to her so that the home study could be finished before she left. I failed miserably. At the last second we found out Ray needed to update some of his labs. Some take 3 weeks. So... the new plan is to hand her the stuff the second she gets back. She says that she can finish it within two days and then we'll be on to the next step of hurry up and wait.

Bria is sleeping in a big girl bed now. She refuses to sit in a booster. She wants a new car seat so she can sit in the back with the girls. She is growing up too fast.

Hanan is working on a personal issue that she would rather me not mention. I have to say that I am so proud of her. She is tackling something on her own. We're watching her self confidence grow.

Arleigh is my mother hen. She busies herself helping me when she can. She is so good with Bria. Just when I think she's perfect, she acts like a tween. She talks on the phone, looks for privacy and is pretty awesome at ignoring me too. She is turning into a beautiful young lady all to fast.

That's it. How are things in your world?

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

YOu have been busy, haven't you? Lots going on! Now, i love the shots of the girls. The adoption thing? Praying for you!

Post a Comment