Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 25, 2010

We're Outta Here

On my phone again... because I can't be bothered to tear my fat rear from the nice indentation my right cheek is making on the sofa. It surely has nothing to do with the 100th Michael Jackson documentary of the day.

It might have something to do with the fact that 12 hours ago we said good-bye to visiting in friends and their four kids. It might be because in 12 hours we'll be caravanning with another family of 6 for a big country vacation. In reality I'm not moving because I spent the last 12 hours packing and doing 12 loads of laundry, making salads and burritos and sauce for the trip. I've cleaned gum out of the car and washed urine out of sheets. I'm praying that we are ready to go by 8. At this point I'm laying down 50/50 odds. The dog sitter is here and the girls are in bed. If I could just fold this last load of clothes, our odds might increase.

We'll be in the middle of nowhere. There are a few things I should tell you before we go...

The heat index here has been pushing 110. Please remind me to write a post about sweat not limited to but including boob sweat, calf sweat and the nasty body odor found around the mid-south. Folks there was a reason Al Roker gave a local charity $3,000 worth of deodorant this week.

Today Ray turned 39. Happy birthday Raymond! Someday I'll post about Toy Story cakes, iPhones and the other present that didn't go over well.

We survived a trip to Graceland and the zoo. I can't wait to tell you about the best part of Graceland...

Maybe I'll post while we're gone but right now I'm not planning on it. I may be hiking a cavern tomorrow but you'll find me on a lake on Sunday and by the pool for the rest of the week.

See you soon... Wish you were here and all that!

Brandi

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Wow, what a post! Have a great trip! Don't eat too many burritos before a long road trip though.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

have a great trip! yay!!

Post a Comment