Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 4, 2010

A Sermon About Goth Friends

I'm notorious for hearing the wrong thing. Way back when those Dyson commercials started airing I was sitting on the sofa with Ray after the kids were in bed. That stinkin' commercial came on. I look at my sweet husband and very seriously say, "Please explain to me how on earth a vacuum cleaner doesn't USE suction." Ray proceeded to fall on the floor in a fit of laughter. The commercial clearly states that a Dyson vacuum won't "lose" suction. He still reminds me of that.

On Wednesday, we were sitting in church listening to a wonderful speaker. He was direct but his topic was laced with humor. At a point he was talking about the influence we have on our friends and vice versa. He mentioned several different groups, bunko pals, youth group, etc. I look at Ray and say, "I was following him until he started talking about goth friends. Really! Do you see anyone in here wearing black?"

Ray looks at me and says, "He said golf friends honey." This time I died in a fit on inappropriate laughter just before Ray did. It was the worse time to be laughing during that sermon. I swear I got the stink eye from the preacher. On the bright side, we will never forget that sermon.

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

you are pretty much my soul mate after this.

Karen Luttrell said...

A few years ago, I was sitting with my nephew in church. He was about 4. The minister was speaking about the Apostles. My nephew turned to me and said, "I know about them. They hang upside down by their tails."

Post a Comment