Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fool's Day!!!

It's April Fool's Day. Since April 1, 2008, I set a very high bar for myself. Remember THIS? Then last year, I created THIS because I was in charge of the Operation Uplift dinner at church.

What to do this year? My kids expect alot. I know because this morning as I was driving them to school Arleigh said she couldn't wait to tell everyone her mom is nuts about April Fool's Day. I've exhausted my pranks.

This morning, when they got up, even though it was 80 degrees yesterday, I told the girls it had snowed and there was no school. Bless them. They believed their crazy mother. I didn't think this small prank would hold up in their eyes since they keep asking what's for dinner.

I really wanted to get my own picture of their lunch this morning. It just wasn't possible. I swear Hanan can smell Cheetos from a mile away. As I was making her lunch, she was snooping behind me trying to check things out. I had to hurry. No pictures. But that picture up on the left. That's what they are getting. Carrots in a Cheetos bag with a lovely little note from their mother. They always sneak a peek in their lunches. The worm in the apple is serving as a nice decoy and has them very excited.
Remember this picture of Hanan. She couldn't believe I would give her a meatloaf cupcake. Oh how I wish I could see that child's face when she sees carrots instead of Cheetos. She will no doubt hate me until I hand her the bag of Cheetos for her after school snack.

So I'll miss the picture and the face but I will continue to reign as Queen as April Fool's. I'll take what I can get.

3 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Mom!! Carrots instead of CHEETOS? I might have to plan revenge if I were them!! Great one though!

Ji said...

fun post!

Ji said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/easter-sunday-awards-to-fill-your-basket/

Happy Belated Easter!
have fun for free stuff.

Post a Comment