Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program

It's time to get back to the mundane drivel of a Mama Blogger. First, I want to let you know that the first 24 hours of trying to raise funds for Kiah got her more than $600. I don't remember the exact amount but it's more than she had and more than the $500 per day needed to reach the goal. Also, at this moment little Miss Kiah is really too small for the surgery. It is not being withheld only because of lack of funds. If you stepped up, I want to take this opportunity to thank you. There are tons of kids on the surgery needed list, so you can still help.

The last thing is, we got an email last night for our agency. There are several orphanages that our agency works with that were in the province effected by the earthquake. In the beginning, I was only hearing rural area but apparently schools and orphanages were damaged. Please join me in praying for the rescue effort. If I hear more, I'll let you know.

Now that that's out of the way... I can move on to our crazy life here. Ray is away and clearly, since I was blogging late at night from my bedroom, I don't get much sleep when he's not here. For some reason I can go to sleep hours before him when he's home and sleep all night. When he's not here, I'm up and then I toss and turn. This does not make for a very fun, intelligent, put together mother. Here's my proof... I was doing yet another load of mostly little girl laundry. I open the dryer door to see this...


What's that in the door? Oh, the Aquaphor I inadvertently left in my pocket. It was washed and then put into the dryer!
I have an unhealthy love of Aquaphor. I put it on my feet, my elbows and my knees. It cures all number of cracked lips. I've seen some seriously messed up lips on kids. I have been known to whip out my handy dandy little tube and I promise, it you keep applying it, in about 24 hours, the lips are healed, no longer cracked, drying bleeding yuckiness.

Now I have yet another reason to love my beloved Aquaphor. It went through the washer and the dryer and no clothes, washer or dryer were harmed in the incident. It really does have healing power!

P.S. Yes, Ray I emptied the lint trap before the next load.

3 comments:

The Driskells said...

Glad to know there's another Aquaphor-aholic out there! Best stuff in the world!

Navylangs said...

I have those pj's - but alas no Aquaphor.
Love the note to Ray!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I have never tried Aquaphor. Apparently It is HIGH TIME i do! Oh, and praying for you!

Post a Comment