Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

In Your Neighborhood

A week or two ago I went out to snap some more pictures for my step dad. There is a new subdivision here that I love. The houses don't seem too out of control, still bigger than we need with lots of upgrades that I probably shouldn't covet so much. As Ray would say, they are still too rich for our blood.

My step dad is interested in the porticoes that are added on above the garage doors. After dropping the big girls at school, Bria and I drove through the subdivision taking pictures. It was cold. I didn't want to get out of the car. The pictures weren't great and I'm going to have to go back. In fact, today would be much better. The sun is finally out. I'm not sure I want to go back though.

You see, this is a nicer subdivision a bit out of the way. There was one house that I could get a straight shot at from my window. I swear from the distance I was at, it looked like an elderly gentleman was standing at the door. I decided not to pull in that cove because I didn't want him to think I was a stalker. I picked up the camera and zoomed from the main street off the cove. Through the lens I saw him. It was absolutely not an elderly gentleman. I was a fully dressed mannequin. Click on the picture so it's bigger. You'll see him in the doorway.
For the rest of the day, I had that song, "Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood?" running through my mind. Why on earth is this nice neighborhood would you do that? I hope they were having some weird party. The neighborhood isn't that far from mine. I hope it's not some weird security measure but it certainly scared me away. Eventually, I'll drive that way just to see if he's still there.

3 comments:

The Driskells said...

Creepy. I kind of thought the mannequin looked like Fred Munster. Even creepier! That just opens up a whole can of questions about those people that live there!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Um, that is ODD!! It sorta makes me wonder...oh wait, I already know my neighbors are odd!!

The Putthoffs said...

Creepy is the exact word I was thinking. Yikes. Will probably give me nightmares.

Post a Comment