Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Radical


Change is coming for the Stiffs. Big change. Radical change. I'm not ready to go into details about it now. I will. I worry that our radical change is all I'll want to talk about. I don't want that to be the case. There in lies the problem. I'm learning more and more that it isn't supposed to be about what I want.

I've mentioned Katie before. She never fails to amaze me. She never fails to convict me. I can't believe what this young girl is doing. I know right now, where I'm at, I can't. Part of it is wants. Part of it is because of choices that were made long ago, choices that I wouldn't want to change. There is that word again...want. I swear it is haunting me these days.

Take a minute. Go to Katie's blog. Read her last two posts. Tell me her posts don't invoke at least compassion, possibly conviction.

I took Katie's challenge. Of course I waited a few days. My time seems precious. Sitting for an hour listening to a sermon didn't top my wants. I listened. Not to all 8 at once. I'm listening to one a day. I'm letting it soak in. I'm reading over the scripture. I don't know what it all means for me, for my family but it feels big.

If you have time. (Each sermon seems to be about 55 minutes) Listen to them. It's something I felt compelled to pass along. I would love to have a conversation. I would love to hear if you are convicted. If you are, what does this message mean for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment