Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Won!!!

Remember how I said I wanted to sew... I better learn fast! I just won this great fabric. It's amazing how one little email can turn around your day.

I thought I was having huge roller coaster emotions before we left Virginia. I had no idea what was in store. Last night was a bad night. The culmination of lots of things. My self esteem took a huge blow. I didn't sleep.

Last week, on this very day I wrote this verse on Hanan's hand...

Philippians 4:6-7 (New International Version)

6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

It helped her. In fact I caught her writing it over and over again in her notebook. The funny thing is, I think I'm the one who needed to hear it and memorize it and put it on my heart. Just because I come from a long line of worriers doesn't mean that I should take up the habit. A long time ago Phillipians 4:13 was my mantra. I think I need to pick it up again.

I was in the middle of anxiousness and worry, trying to decide what to do next wondering if things would get better when I got the little email that said I won. It could have been a candy cane or a button and I would have been ecstatic. Just seeing those little words picked me up. Well, that and good strong cup of coffee followed by a Diet Dr. Pepper soon to be followed by a cup of Starbucks if I have anything to say about it.

So go check out Lauren Nicole Gifts. There is another great giveaway going on right now and the promise of many more. Plus, the stuff is seriously cute. Let me know if you win.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

WooHoo! Think of all the things you can make with that!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Beautiful! I wouldn't know what to do with it, but it is gorgeous!

Navylangs said...

FUN! I think a rag quilt. That way the girls can help - and it can roam from room to room.

Shanan said...

Congrats girl!!! I am back.....trying to catch up on all my blog reading. I miss you. We are supposed to get some snow in the next day or so (fingers crossed). If it snows, I will call you and we can catch up! (I am saying I will call you if it snows because that will mean I will actually be at home for a day!!!) My life has been in the fast lane lately. I miss you!!!

Post a Comment