Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Time for Not Me! Monday. It's been a bit. The storm has passed. The sun is shining. I thought I would use a good old Not Me! post to catch up on the past week and start again with the blog. Check out MckMama and all the other Not Me!s to get your Monday started right.


Here we go...

I would never find myself uttering the words, "Holy Crap! We were not ready for this!" over and over just because of a little nor'easter. I lived in Iceland. I've ridden out hurricanes. A puny fall storm has nothing on either. There would never be a reason to worry. I absolutely for the first time did not pack an overnight bag and park it in a safe place just in case we needed to evacuate. I didn't park my entire family to sleep in the safe room. We did not lose power for more than 24 hours. I did not have to take batteries out of toys. I never heard my kids say, "I'm bored!"

Things aren't getting back to normal.

We didn't rent our house just before the storm! I am not so happy about that fact alone that I could cry.

Speaking of crying, I didn't have a discussion with my favorite doctor and very good friend that led to me going on birth control for the first time in about 5 years so that I wouldn't continue to act like a Fruit Loop. I haven't been crying over refrigerator commercials for the past 6 months. After a week on the stupid pills that I do not loathe, I'm not already feeling much better.

I haven't been doing a little Christmas shopping over the internet for both me and my mother. Her shopping isn't now almost complete and mine hasn't barely begun...

I am not irritated with a certain garage door company that was supposed to come work on my door. They aren't the only people in the area that can fix the goofy door. I'm not at their beck and call. They didn't show up in the middle of the storm when we didn't have power. They didn't say okay I'll be back Monday.The following aren't quotes from the other end of the conversation...
"We came on Friday and you didn't have power." (along with half of Virginia Beach)
"I'm calling to see if you have power."
"Oh great. Then let me reschedule your service call. Would you like someone to come Tuesday or Wednesday."
"I'm sorry you cleared your calendar for today but this is how we do things."

I'm not beyond irritated verging on saying a few choice words. I'm not sorry that they are the only people who can fix this door.

Finally, I don't have floors to sweep, vacuum and mop. There aren't piles of laundry. There is not a 2-year old asking me to hold her. The dog doesn't need to be fed or walked. I don't have one million and one things to do today...

What did you not do this week?

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Well, did you sweep vacuum and mop? Ready to come do mine??

Post a Comment