Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Manic Monday

So, I'm really not in a good mood. No reason why things are just very chaotic and very busy. I'm tired of being worried about what is not getting done (mostly at work) and then not getting things done at home because of this. I don't have time to create links or pictures. So... in an effort to keep up our family journal, I'll tell you what's happening in bullet form...

  • Today is H1N1 shot day at school. Yes, I vaccinate my children. Part of it is because Ray works in the environment he does and alot of it is because we've seen funerals for children. I'll take the side effects over death any day of the week. So you know we're us, Hanan is freaking out and has been since she heard the message on my phone being broadcast through the car last night. I can't print the consent forms because my printer is conveniently out of ink.
  • After years of hosting LIFE Group, I was the worst LIFE Group guest last night. Bria decided to squirt out her pants and onto a skirt, up shirt. She hasn't done that in months. I had two wipes. Awesome. I went into a room that was closed and was so busy to try to keep poop from going everywhere, I woke up a sleeping child. (Sorry Kara.) Then I proceeded to use the last couple of wipes in her wipes box trying to get out. I didn't even know the baby was in there until I started out the door. I turned around and she was staring at me from her crib. She never cried until I closed the door. After all the things that happened in 5 years of hosting LIFE Group, that could possibly top them all. Seriously, the other couple has hosted for like 3 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if when we moved they didn't want to say, don't let the door hit you...but they are way too sweet and gracious for that. (thanks for stepping up and hosting weirdos like me)
  • In a 24 hour period, Bria let herself out the back door at church. I was listening to her play, realized that's what she had done and found her wandering in the parking lot with a stranger walking toward her. I've said many prayers of thanks since then, cried bucket loads of tears and had a lock installed so she can never do it again... then she fell out of her crib directly on her head, then she choked herself on Arleigh's Whoppers. Not a good 24 hours for the home team.
  • I didn't get to see The Blind Side in spite of having it on my calendar for 3 months. It was sold out.
  • We said good-bye at a party for very good friends this weekend. It doesn't make it easier to know that we are leaving to. In fact, it might be harder. Our girls being so close doesn't make it any easier. It's just one of those facts of military life.
  • My girls weren't upset over canceled play dates this weekend. They aren't playing this whole we're moving for all it's worth. I'm not canceling things that I've had on my calendar so they can do things they want on their calendar.
  • Things on my to do list today include, calling a school in TN, scheduling a round of doctor's appointments before we move, cleaning, 7 loads of laundry, part time work at the church, taking a sleeping baby into school in about 5 minutes so I can try and fill out consent forms, buying cupcakes to bribe Hanan to take a shot, etc.
  • I'm not thankful that we didn't stop all extracurricular activities except for church at the beginning of this semester.
  • Of all the things on my to do list... I blogged first. I'm messed up!
Have a Happy Manic Monday! I am.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I know exactly how you feel. Hoping this is a better few days ... for BOTH of us!

The Driskells said...

Brandi, your list cracks me up! And then after laughing my head off, I feel guilty b/c this IS your life! Sunday night was funny. Baby screamed for 5 minutes and went back to sleep - no harm done. She slept late Monday and won't remember it. And there is no way you should be put into the "weirdos" category! If you're weird, then we all are. . . . Well, maybe you do fit after all! Let's join Weirdos Annonymous together.
: ) Kara

Post a Comment