Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blogstyle Iron Chef Challenge Part 2

Forget the pretty pictures. Heidi, I promise I won't tell you slap anyone or even yourself but this Broccoli & Cheese Rice Casserole might make you want to spank...never mind.

Seriously, this is my favorite holiday side dish. It was my Gran's. It has been tweaked a bit due to living out of the country for a couple of years. I do have a brief story to share. Dear friends who also happen to be very picky invite us over every year for Thanksgiving Dinner. Every year I make this. The first year, the sweet wife begged her husband to try this dish in spite of the fact that he double hates broccoli. I think she was just trying to be polite. He had three helpings my friends. It is that good.

Without further ado... Gran's Broccoli Rice Casserole.

2 boxes frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted
3 cups cooked rice
1 large onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 jar diced pimento, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz cheese whiz
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup crushed ritz crackers

Cook onion and bell pepper in butter until soft. Combine all the ingredients except crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 3o minutes. Top with the crushed crackers and continue to bake 10 minutes.

My Gran loved this at Christmas because it's all green and red when you dish it out. Hope you love it too.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds SUPER yummy!!

heidi said...

Sweet! Got ya all linked up for this one, too.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Sounds good. Wanna come make it for me?

Post a Comment