Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Dilema

I need help. I can't find a costume for Bria that I love and doesn't cost a fortune. Last year... this is what happened.
I ordered a "Super Girl" costume. The picture showed a cute little toddler girl with tights. It came as a one piece jumper...no skirt. Even with the bow on her bald head I got to hear, "He's so cute!" or "Oh, you finally got a boy!" Even Arleigh and Hanan were sick of it. Ray thought it was amusing because it annoyed me to no end. She was Super Girl because her sisters were Wonder Woman and Bat Girl. This year, they refuse to match.

So I could do this...Or I could do this. But you should know. I hate this with a double passion.



This one might be more appropriate... (If you can't see it because it's so tiny, it's Swiper.) Arleigh is offended because Swiper is apparently a boy.

I was really hoping for a Star Wars theme for the whole family so I could do this...
That's not happening. Arleigh is a bride. Hanan is a vampire bat. Any ideas before Halloween creeps up on me?

I could use a few ideas for the adults in the family as well. Last year we were Shrek and Fiona. I was thinking of stealing Shanan's idea of Axel and Slash. We'll see. I would love to get Ray in a leotard for a remake of Single Ladies. It's hard to get him in one when I'm refusing to participate on the principal that someone's eyes would clearly bleed.

Comment away.... Halloween is coming at me like a freight train.

3 comments:

The Driskells said...

For Bria:
A butterfly (I've got some wings she could borrow.)
A strawberry (Red bodysuit, red tights, make black seeds with a sharpie marker, put a green hat on her head!)
Cheerleader
Flower
Rabbit in a hat

I personally like Abbey over Dora!



For you and Ray:

Big bad wolf & little red riding hood
Fisherman & a mermaid
Football player & cheerleader
Hans Solo & Princess Leia
King and Queen of hearts
Love birds
Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head
Peter Pan & Tinkerbell (tights for Ray!)
Popeye & Olive Oil
Peanut butter & jelly
Salt & pepper
Night & day
Thing 1 & thing 2
Wall-E & Eve

Or like Len and I, every year we go as tired ol' mom and dad! : )

Lisa said...

I like the butterfly idea for the wee gal and the Hans Solo and Princess Leia idea for mom and dad!

Shanan said...

You and Ray should totally be axl and slash! That was so easy and we had so much fun last year! I think all the little insect costumes (bumble bee or lady bug) are cute too. It is easy to put a turtleneck on underneath them if it is cold. I actually have a Lady bug costume you could use if I could just find what box it is in! Let me know if you are intersted, and I will start digging. :)

Post a Comment