Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sorta Staycation

We had a very nice, very relaxing sorta Staycation last week. I only have pictures from Colonial Williamsburg because I haven't downloaded the rest from the pocket camera yet.

The girls were pretty surprised. While Ray was at work I managed to pack, put everything in the mom mobile and get them ready to go without anyone knowing. I told them I had to take something to Daddy at work. We picked Ray up with lots of questions. He told them we were going to dinner. The next thing you know, we were on vacation. I don't think they really understood until we started unloading the van. It was very funny.

We stayed at our timeshare which is nice because they provide lots of activities on the grounds. There is an arcade, the pools, storytelling, miniature golf, etc. We got up early and spent the day at Busch Gardens. Since we missed going to the land of the mouse, we had lunch with Elmo and friends. I have a really good picture to show you of that! (I need to scan it in so who knows if it will ever happen.) Bria liked the characters as long as they gave her at least 2 feet of running room.

The next day it was Colonial Williamsburg. It was hot. It was wilt you where you stand hot. None of us were happy about it. After a couple of outside venues, we discovered that lots of the larger homes like the Governor's Palace had airconditioning to protect the furniture. Suddenly Hanan who minutes before was ready to head back for a swimming pool, loved it. She could so imagine herself living in that palace having midnight parties and dinners, getting all dressed up. It was cute. Then off to a conversation with George Washington, which was neat. We had a snack from the Cheese Shop.

If you ever go to Colonial Williamsburg, The Cheese Shop is clearly one of our favorite places. Their sandwiches are excellent. We like to get a loaf of bread and a block of cheese and head out for a picnic. They have all the supplies. It's great. Another tip... if you get a souvenir mug, refills are free. I don't care that they cost $10. We totally got our moneys worth out of those babies.

The next day was check out. We did and headed over to the outlets. I am so going to miss this when we move. We make a trip about twice a year. Sara, just for you, here's a link. My favorite is the Hanna Anderson Outlet. We discovered Hanna when we lived in Iceland. It's a Swedish company I believe. You can't find a better pair of pajamas anywhere. They will make through all three girls. Amazing! I did some damage there. We didn't do a ton of shopping, just normal back to school stuff.

Now we're back home. Back to the daily grind.

Here are a few pictures with more to come.

2 comments:

heidi said...

I would LOVE to take the kids there some day!!! I'm glad you pulled off the surprise. :-)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I'll stayacate with you anytime! What a fun trip!

Post a Comment