Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Me Monday!

It's Monday Morning...time for some Not Me!s... It all started over at MckMama's site. Head on over to fins out what everyone else "didn't" do this week. It's loads of fun and great therapy. Here we go...



This week I didn't make Bria stay awake after a girl I didn't even know slammed her head into a door jam. I didn't think my Wednesday night was going to end with an MRI in the ER. My sweet dispositioned husband didn't get really angry at our new friend. Several adults didn't run as they heard her little head crack in the doorway. We were no shocked when the young girl didn't even apologize. I'm not thinking she was so overcome with embarrassment and dread that she couldn't say anything. I'm not ever so thankful and blessed that she didn't have a mark or a knot. Many prayers of thanks were not said.

My morning didn't start off badly just because my phone had a full charge last night and this morning it was dead as a doornail. I'm not that addicted to my phone.

Bria has not developed a new complusion for Dora The Explorer. We are not spoiling her indulging her in all things Dora, toothbrushes, pajamas, and no, never too much TV.

I didn't send Arleigh to the van this morning to get Bria's shoes. I didn't freak out when Bria wasn't answering me because she was so consumed with little people. I didn't go to the door, yelling for Arleigh who was taking too long just to get a pair of crocs. I didn't go back to writing a dear friend a note and forget Arleigh was still outside. She didn't come in 5 minutes later because she was "trapped" by a "huge" bug. She wasn't outside screaming for me, with me not hearing terrified. I don't feel like a horrible mother. I'm not at all upset that she is 8 and afraid of everything. I am not frustrated that nothing I do seems to help her get over her fears. It's not doubly frustrating for me because I wasn't afraid of bugs, water, or much of anything. I was not the girl that stayed up late trying to scare herself with books and movies. Yes, we've backed up our courage talk with prayers and scriptures but we still haven't gotten her over it.

I'm not rushing off to do the 1,000 things on my to do list.

What did you not do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment