Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Are You Ready For Back To School?

Here in the great commonwealth Virginia we don't start school until after Labor Day. That's a month away folks. But off to Target I went to get the school supplies before the GOOD folders and notebooks were taken. Did I mention that I have 2 school-aged daughters?

There was only one Jonas binder left. One! My sweet Hanan dropped her eyes and let her big sister have it. After all, she can look at the giant poster on either side of her door any second of the day. She also had a sucker Mom let her buy the horrible skater girl binder that I normally wouldn't have fallen for. Oh well.

I loaded up on binders, 3-pronged folders, notebook paper, glue sticks, scissors, pencils, erasers, and I don't know what else...oh wait, it was those super expensive BPA (or whatever that horrible chemical is) free thermos containers. Holy hot food Batman! Why do those things cost so much!?!

I remember loving Back To School shopping, picking out a new Trapper Keeper and lunch box seemed like the greatest thing in the world. Now Trapper Keepers are outlawed and a thermos costs me $16.95. Not so much fun anymore when I my girls are second and third graders and everything has to be exactly the same. I'm sure I was visibly pained as the Target gods were smiling down on my misery.

We get to the checkout, I get my total and realize I forgot at least 3 items. Oh well, there's a whole stinkin' month to disinfectant wipes and lavender lemon Glade plug-ins. Just as I am swiping the old Master Card I hear my loving daughter say, "See Mom, I told you school is PAINFUL!" How right she is...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooooh! I LOVED Trapper Keepers ... they had a nice smell!

Karen Luttrell said...

I was in Target the other day in the back to school section and overheard a boy complain to his mother that he couldn't find any "boy" folders. He said, "It's all Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana crap!" Guess next year you'll have to shop in Maryland for school supplies!

Post a Comment