Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hanan's Field Trip




First, I should probably tell you, we are here. It's the last hurrah of the school year. Yes, my kids are still in school until June 18. No, we didn't have snow days. Yes, they start after Labor Day but now much after. Yes, I like it when they are still not back in school and all their cousins are. Right now, I hate it.

Anyway, on Friday I went with Hanan on her field trip to the zoo. It was absolutely pouring when I left for school that morning. Lucky for us the sun came out.

I got a couple of pretty good shots of a peacock and this great shot of the lion. We almost never get to see the lions from a good vantage point so I was pretty happy with this.

We had a great time. I was in charge of 3 super cute girls. Jennifer, Mackenzie and Hanan. They were all at a roller skating party the week before. I'm sorry I missed Not Me Monday because I could have told you how I didn't fall on my butt and get a giant bruises on my rump and the palm of my right hand. I'm getting off track... Jennifer is so quiet. I made it my personal mission at that party to get her to talk to me. She would but it was hard. Then we get to the zoo. Oh my goodness! I created a monster. It was nice to know she felt safe enough with me to have a conversation but she didn't stop from the second they got off the bus to the second I put her back on it.

We had a great day. There are no pictures of Bria because she was on my back for the entire field trip except for the lunch break.

I guess I should finish up by telling you where I've been. Busy weekend...busier week. Plus, our friends teenager is staying with us for the week so she can hang out with her friends. (They live in NC.) I have a built in babysitter and someone who asks to change a diaper. It is heaven. I'm also sharing a computer with an avid Facebooker. I'll see y'all next week!

2 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Glad you are back! Sounds like a good field trip! I love the pic of the lion and such!

heidi said...

What a fun field trip! I wish we had a zoo near us.

Post a Comment