Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

We Heart Art Part Deux

Yesterday I told you about the blog carnival called We Heart Art... Check it out at Domestically Challenged, 3baybchicks, and I Am Living Proof God Has A Sense Of Humor. Blog about your art or your kids' art. I promised to showcase some of my craftiness... Here we go...

This week Arleigh was in a musical at school. She was a zebra. I was supposed to make stripes on a shirt or find some other black and white clothes for her to wear as a zebra. Have I mentioned that I don't sew? This is my art... my no sew outfit I made for her. I even made Hanan a vest in the leftover fabric. I was pretty proud of myself considering I had no pattern and I don't even sew my buttons back on.

No need to give you a tutorial. It's cut from fabric and then the sides were glued together. I cut the front to make the vest cut out the neck. For a new sew project, I think it turned out okay. The skirt is just a wrap skirt I made pretty quickly with pins. Top it off with a zebra bow and I promise she was the cutest girl on that stage. I was going to say zebra, but she beat out the monkeys, elephants, lions and jungle guides too.

I did paint a butterfly and a lady bug for the girls' bathroom but I passed them on to someone else when they started to outgrow the theme, or maybe I did...either way.

I'm also going to make a shameless plug for art since I'm linking up with you guys. I have a very, very talented friend who is also very sweet. She is starting a new website filled with art, and handmade jewelry. If you have a little girl or know someone who does, you will love this! I have already placed an order. Stop what you are doing in the name of art and visit Simply Shanan. I promise you'll love it.

4 comments:

Helene said...

I love the vest you made for your daughter! Now that's talent!! I would've never been able to be that creative! I dread the day my kids come home and say I need to sew them an outfit for a play!! I love how all your girls match!

I'm gonna go check out your friend's site now!

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Those are cute outfits! The don't look glued.

Ray, Brandi and Our Girls said...

Mom every body who posted one said that you were
creative. That is abousletly right!

Ray, Brandi and Our Girls said...

love Arleigh

Post a Comment