Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blogstyle Iron Chef Challenge

Photobucket

I may be entering too late. I just couldn't decide. It looked like baked potato soup was already done. I was going to to my roasted potatoes but red potatoes were outlawed. So, do I go gooey and cheesey with hashbrown casserole or complicated like gnocchi? I could go simple. A friend of mine once asked me how to bake a potato. Really. She did. I pulling this one out of the old file and crossing my fingers that Mr. Linky stays up a little while longer.

This recipe is from a cookbook I received from a special family friend as a wedding gift. It's a hometown cookbook. It's been a while so I've tweeked it a bit. Here it is... It's saucy cause that's how I roll.

Saucy Potato Casserole.
8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces sour cream
8 ounces Cheese Whiz
2 c. sharp cheddar
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Bread crumbs
Crumbled bacon

Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, Cheese Whiz, cheese, soup, and seasonings in a large sauce pot. Cook over medium heat until warm. Pour over potatoes, mixing well, spoon into a greased 2 and 1/2 quart casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs and bacon. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Serves 10.


This is like a dish served in a favorite local restaurant back home in KY.

5 comments:

Shanan said...

Brandi, This sounds yummy! I am dying to know what restaurant it came from back home!!!

Have you had a chance to check out my Moms and Mondays blog? I would love to add your girls to our prayer list!

Have a great day! Shanan

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

OMG this sounds delicious. I love the fact that it has LOTS of cheese!

Ray, Brandi and Our Girls said...

Hey Shanan. I may FB you because I can't figure out the best way to answer. Please add my girls to your prayer list. I love the Moms and Mondays blog. How on earth do you find the time? I would love to talk to you some more about this.

Also... it's something on the buffet at The Parlor in Lone Oak.

heidi said...

You're tryign to kill me, aren't you? You ARE! I know it!!! *sigh* that looks simply divine.

Thanks for linking up!

Shanan said...

Thanks Brandi! Email me their ages at csfowler4@gmail.com I don't have your email address!!!

Post a Comment