Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Boom!

Last night as Ray and I were finishing up The Amazing Race or The Terminator or whatever mindless garbage we were letting into our heads from the DVR we heard a huge boom. I tried to describe it to my mother this morning. It sounded sort of like a sonic boom but muffled and it was doubled up. I know that doesn't make much sense.

If I wasn't so tired, I could have worked myself into a frenzy of worry. We clicked over to the news. Apparently the sky had flashes of white. It had huge white lights and streaks of light seen all over Virginia. We never bothered to look, we only listened to the orchestra of sirens that seemed to follow the boom. It didn't sound like a car crash. Ray thought maybe a small airplane had gone down. We have plenty that fly over us. Wouldn't that have looked red? There was plenty of speculation. We decided to keep filling our minds with garbage and check the news again later.

By the time Ray came to bed there was speculation that a meteor had come crashing down. I've seen too many sci-fi/horror movies. If I had given it much thought I probably wouldn't have slept. Lucky for me, the night before I didn't sleep and it took me about 30 seconds to be out cold.

Today we found out what it was...check it out here. So much for little green men and independence day scenarios. Now I can worry about when one of these giant things from space is suddenly going to fall and hit my house. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment