Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twas A Few Nights Before Christmas

Twas a few nights before Christmas and all through the house,
every creature was stirring even the mouse.
Presents were being opened, ripped paper on the floor,
bags were being packed to carry out the door.
The girls were in jammies and I in my sweats
looked in awe at the presents trying not to think about Christmas debts.
Ray packed up the last box that I needed to ship
and helped finish my work so that we could start our trip.
I took the last bag out to put in the trunk
Then searched for milk and a cookie to dunk.
When in the kitchen I heard a huge clatter
I ran around the corner to see what was the matter.
The hermit crabs and their cage had fallen making a loud crash.
two crying girls thought they were dead and headed for the trash.
Then a Christmas miracle before our eyes did appear,
Claws were stretching out for my girls to hold dear.
The mess was cleaned up and the crabs put back in their space.
Now off for the best seat in the van, we did race.
The road trip started off just great
With Grandma in the car we wouldn't get in too late.
The roads through the mountains were hilly and too much,
we knew it might happen, someone might lose their lunch.
Then Hanan yelled from the back, "I can't take it anymore!"
Then with a great heave, her lunch was on the floor.
A quick stop and clean up, we were back in the car
Surely Grandma's house wouldn't be too far.
We finally made it to Kentucky without a moment to spare
And were shocked by the chill and downright cold in the air.
We're here for the holidays, watching for deer through the fog.
I am finding I don't have much time for the blog.
When we're in Kentucky, everything seems just right.
We'll see you in 2 weeks. Merry Christmas and good night.

2 comments:

Navylangs said...

I LOVE it!
Even though it just made me even more homesick.
Have Fun. Merry Christmas

Shanan said...

Brandi, We loved your Christmas card! You all are definitely on our Thankful list this year too! Have a great time in KY! Eat some barbque for me!!! :)
Merry Christmas! Love, Shanan

Post a Comment