Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Star Stylist

I know I've been a little out of it lately. I've been in a pretty bad funk. This morning, I managed to pull myself out of it long enough to grab the camera. This is now our normal. I seriously let Hanan go to school like this today...

Pink tights with hearts...Check.
Long sleeved butterfly shirt...Check.
Favorite blue skort...check.
Old, well worn pink Chucks...Double Check.

What's really sad is this is the second try. So this is the conversation I had with Hanan this morning.

"Look Mom, am I am pretty?" Hanan flits down the stairs. Yep flits. That's exactly what she does.

"Yes, Hanan. That's a beautiful smile you're wearing." Really I'm wondering how I can get her to change her clothes without having a meltdown or totally ruining her self esteem.

"What about my outfit? Is it pretty?"

"I love that you matched your tights with your pink pony shirt Daddy got you but the shirt isn't exactly appropriate. Can you try again? I'll help."

"No thanks."

So she changes a old ratty San Antonio shirt for this one. Its long sleeved and it's pink. It does kind of match the tights. I give up. I've been defeated. It's not worth worrying about for me today.

You realize Hanan is going to grow up to be the next Rachel Zoe, stylist to the stars. I hope she remembers her mother and the fact that I tried not to stifle her when she gets all that swag.

3 comments:

Navylangs said...

I LOVE it!

Carol said...

She is Beautiful and Adorable all rolled into one!

Ray, Brandi and Our Girls said...

Thanks Carol. I sure think so.

Post a Comment