Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thank You

It's hard to believe that it's been almost 2 weeks since our world was turned upside down. I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you. Thank you for the posts on this blog, the Facebook comments, the cards, the phone calls, the emails and all the other many ways you have helped us get through these 2 weeks. Thanks for the fruit baskets, plants and the tree to plant in Jessa's honor. Most of all, thank you for the prayers.

The picture is of a rose bush my friend Christine brought over when I got home from the hospital. It's really beautiful when it blooms. We also received a tree but I haven't had the nerve to plant it yet. It's hard to plant things because I know we won't be in this house forever. I don't know how I will leave them behind with the next duty station.

There are so many things that I could say. The question I am asked most often is, "How are you?" I never really know how to answer. I don't know what the person really wants to hear. The best I can say is we are as okay as we can be right now. Prayers have helped. Our faith has helped. Having 3 beautiful girls that need us has been the biggest help. It sounds silly and trite but being in a routine is getting me through each day.

I can't forget Grandma. She dropped everything and came out here so I wouldn't worry about the girls while I was in the hospital. She caught the horrible stomach virus that we all had the week before. She left Grandpa and Max to fend for themselves. She missed the birth of Katie Beth. She was able to let me talk things out. Thanks Grandma. I couldn't have made it through those 11 days without you.

Well, before this blog turns into a giant therapy session that I will undoubtedly regret later, I'll end by letting you know we will be okay. Thank you for all you've done for us over the past couple of weeks. You may not remember the small acts of kindness but we will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brandi,
I just logged on to your blog and started reading about what happened. I cannot express how sorry I am. We will be praying for you and your family here in Texas. It is so hard to understand God's big plan. You have a BEAUTIFUL family and I am so glad that we have reconnected. God Bless You!
Shanan

Post a Comment