Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 29, 2008

We're Back...

We are back from a fabulous family vacation. I have post material for a month of Sundays. We started out in Ashville, NC and moved on to Seveirville, TN where we met up with Grandpa and Grandma. The week went by way too fast.

Some of the high lights included a tour of the Biltmore mansion and grounds, eating at the Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg and for Grandpa, a trip to the Bass Pro Shop. I don't know how we got out of there without a new pontoon boat. There is no way I'll get all the stuff in one post. I don't know how many vidoes I have to bore you with so I'll start with Ashville.

Our first night in town, we wanted to walk around downtown. Ashville was a very neat little town. It sounds weird, but it reminded me of Edinborough and Santa Fe in very different ways. We stopped at a restaurant called Chorizzo. It was the best meal I had the entire vacation. If you are ever in Ashville, it is fabulous. We even tried their own award winning habenero hot sauce. It was smoky and spicy and fabulous. Clearly, I've talked too much about food.

I love traveling with my kids. I'm going to have to start carrying a notebook so I can write down all the funny things they say. For instance after a breakfast of waffles we get in the car. From the back seat we hear Arleigh say that there is some syrup on her hand. You have to understand Arleigh doesn't like to be dirty unless it's on purpose. Ray tells her to lick it off. Then you hear a squeal and, "I don't think that's syrup!" We were laughing so hard my mascara ran. Then there is Hanan... after holding baby chicks at the Biltmore farm we asked the girls if they wanted chicken for dinner. Hanan could turn into a chicken nugget she loves them so much. They agreed that chicken sounds great. Then as we get closer to the car Hanan says, "I just hope it's not a baby chicken."

That's enough for now. I'll be posting all week Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment