Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ray's Good News

Ray is now an O-5 select. I am so proud of him. I debated about this post. I figure if I can go on and on about the girls' achievements, I get to do the same for their Daddy. The truth is Ray loves what he does and he's good at it. I get giddy when the navy acknowledges him for all he does and all the sacrifices he makes.

Now for all you non-military types reading this... I'll try to explain. Although sometimes, even after Ray has been in for 14 years, I don't understand. Ray's name was on the selection list. That means that in Sept. of 2009 he'll be promoted to Commander. Your name being on the list is based on the date that you signed on to be in the service and how many people they can promote. Ray's name was the last name on the list. It's great because we really didn't expect that he would be eligible this year. He'll be the last one in the fiscal year to have it pinned on.

I'm excited because I've missed every one of Ray's promotions. He had a promotion during his Eisenhower deployment and he was promoted in Iraq. I'm sure it was exciting for him at the time. I'm sorry I missed it. I can't wait for the girls to get to see it too. I'm also feeling a sense of relief. I was more sure of Ray than he probably was. Once you see your eligible for promotion, you get butterflies in your stomach. Your future is in someone else's hands. The truth is, no one knows who will be promoted and who won't. If he wasn't promoted, we would have been very unsure of our future with the navy. This promotion means, we're good until he retires. That's a nice feeling.

Yesterday was very exciting. Ray heard from so many people that he hasn't talked to in a long time. The list is public. So everyone is reading it. It made me think of Heroes. (the television show) We heard alot of, "Is your name on the list?" and "Is his/her name on the list?" Well, boy howdy, I'm glad Ray's is!

No comments:

Post a Comment