Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's Day

It's April Fool's Day so I planned a special dinner for the girls. They were so excited. They thought they were getting strawberry cupcakes and french fries for dinner.

The cupcakes were meatloaf with mashed potatoes on top. I put food coloring in the potatoes. They looked an awful lot like cupcakes with strawberry frosting. It was enough to make Hanan throw hers back on her plate. I'm so glad I got that picture!

The french fries weren't really french fries either. I painstakingly cut bread sticks to look like fries and rolled them in sugar instead of salt. They were served with seedless strawberry jam that I thought would look a little more like ketchup.

Finally for our special dessert... Fried Egg Sundaes... These weren't as convincing as I would have liked. It fooled the girls though. Vanilla ice cream with marshmallow fluff and then a circle of lemon pudding.

It was fun. I don't know how I can top it next year. I've created little monsters. For the rest of the night they've been doing their best to trick me. At least Bria is able to enjoy her night gnawing on a sugar covered breadstick...

No comments:

Post a Comment