Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Pregnancy Update

Arleigh and Hanan love to say, do you want the good news or the bad news. So, do you want the good news or the bad news? My last appointment lasted far longer than we thought it would. Thank goodness Ray got home that day. He had to pick up the girls. The good news is Bria is healthy and growing and still has plenty of time. Even she didn't, we could deliver at any time. The bad news is my blood pressure just shot up. There is some protein in my urine. It looks like pre-eclampsia again.

We are at 35 weeks and 2 days. If the protein level shoots up, the goal will be to get to 37 weeks. That's less than 2 weeks away. You can say a little prayer for Ray. I'm already trying to scale back my work load. He's busily working trying to get everything ready.

I did get to watch no less than 3 separate ultrasounds yesterday. Unfortunately, Bria is so huge (close to 6 pounds already) and uncooperative the pictures that I brought back home were not very good. The reason I think 6 pounds sounds huge is because Hanan only weighed 6 pounds. We potentially have 5 weeks left. I do not want a 12 pound baby!

That's the latest. Think about us. I'll be going to the doctor at least twice a week now to monitor Bria's growth and heart rate. With Hanan only in school for a half a day that's the most stressful thing right now.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I truly know what you're going through, Brandi. I had pre-eclampsia with Kari and had to deliver at 37 weeks when they found protein in my urine - it was enough to make the doctor worry. It was a regular doctor's visit that turned into delivering at the hospital all in one day. As long as the doctor is monitoring your pregnancy, you'll be just fine. You and Bria are in my prayers.

Stiff Family said...

Thanks. I had pre-eclampsia with Hanan. We're dealing with it without much problem. It's the doctor visits that are hard with everyone's schedule.

Post a Comment