Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

One Very Wild Weekend




We are slowly getting back to our routine. Ray has even found time to almost finish Bria's room. The rest is probably up to me. That would mean fixing the bedding, curtains and general decorating. I have less than nine weeks left, so hopefully, I'll get it done. He replaced a window on the second story by himself. He's so handy, I think I'll probably keep him around. Anyway, in between all the renovations, we managed not one but two trips to the zoo this weekend.

On Friday a small group of Moms from our church met with kids in tow to tour the zoo. There were 4 families and a total of 9 kids if you aren't counting Bria. I could count her now. I felt like I was wagging an extra baby the whole time. Anyway, the girls had a great time. Some new exhibits opened. There are three new kangaroos and a red panda. We saw it all. We finished with a dip in the zoo fountains. That's Arleigh's favorite part. Hanan had fun running and screaming but she never really gets that wet.

On Saturday we climbed out of bed and went back to the zoo for Breakfast With the Animals. It was our first time fighting the crowd. It wasn't so bad. The food wasn't wonderful. That was probably a good thing. Watching some of the animals have their breakfast, the hawk comes to mind, was not very appetizing.

The highlight of Breakfast involved the girls playing with a ball python. I never thought that I would see the day that Arleigh Stiff would want to touch a snake. Our little zoo keeper in training, Hanan, was all over it. They decided he was much softer than they imagined. The other nice moment is that the tiger was up and pacing. After living in Baltimore and seeing more than one person sprayed by the tiger in that zoo, Ray was a bit antsy. There was a chain link fence and some bamboo but not much else between us and his rear side. It took me a minute to figure out why Ray kept backing up every time the tiger turned.

All in all, it was a great weekend. Ray is off later this week. I'm sure he has big plans for more renovations. The girls' plans involve laying in the pool since it's still in the 90s. We have a couple of more weeks before school starts. I think we are going to take advantage of every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment