Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 second. If not, visit
http://www.stifffamily.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

We're Recovering

No pictures this week. We're still in the anticlimactic we aren't on vacation anymore mode. Last week was exhausting. The house is just now recovering. In the middle of trying to put vacation stuff away, Ray decided to paint Bria's room and put in new molding. I have to brag a little. He is getting so good with the crown molding. I guess practice makes perfect. There were no gaps this time. It was so tight. I love the color of her room, French pink. The bad news is, it's making me want to paint the rest of the house. I'm definitely going to force Ray to finish the molding in the rest of the house now.

The girls were in Disney Camp at the Virginia Beach School for the Arts last week. They loved it. It meant lots of driving for me. They had Mad Hatter tea parties, princess days, and made their own t-shirts. I loved it because they were back with Mr. Steve, Miss Meredith and Miss Tonja from the Preschool for the Arts. They were required to use their brains a little as well. By the time I picked them up, they were exhausted and grumpy.

Greg, Sonja, Aubrey and Tia Cook were in town too. It was so nice to get to see them. I watched all the girls one night so Greg and Sonja could go out. Ray was in D.C. We also managed a trip to the aquarium after camp one day. I wish I had taken the camera, but going straight from work, I didn't manage it. Then on Friday, Ray and I went out with Greg and Sonja to the Lynnhaven Fish House. It was very nice. We actually got a great table right away. It must have the horrible storm that we drove through.

The only thing we didn't manage last week was a trip to Water Country. We were supposed to go with the Cooks on Sat. Ray left again on Sunday afternoon. I just couldn't manage a trip to Williamsburg in the middle of it. I stayed home and did laundry and mowed the yard while Ray worked on Bria's room. We did manage to go to dinner with the girls. Our Sat. night out was dinner at the Red Robin and a trip to Babies 'R Us and Target. We're terribly exciting.

This week I'm resting, cleaning, and generally catching up. Ray will be home hopefully for a retirement ceremony on Thursday or Friday but he has to leave again on Sunday afternoon. We'll probably have a rushed weekend again. Hope you guys have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment